Contribute to the global environment through commitment to
primary strength of manufacturing excellent products
Our company has established an environmental vision: “Contribute to the creation of an abundant and sustainable society by taking responsibility for the natural environment of tomorrow.” To protect the global environment, we are constantly striving to develop new environmentally-friendly products and technologies while working to not only reduce the burden of our own business activities on the environment but also to continuously preserve the environment and prevent pollution.
To realize our company’s environmental philosophy, we have formulated an Environmental Policy. Based on this policy, we have put in place the necessary internal management systems, and we conduct our business activities in such a way as to minimize the negative impact on the global environment.
We will contribute to the conservation of the global environment based on our corporate principle of “仕濾過事” (Rokajinitsukafuru), or “Contribute to society through filtration business”.
As a manufacturer of filters, we recognize that environmental issues are critical challenges for the future. We will therefore conduct the following activities:
- Set environmental objectives and targets; then continuously work to improve on those areas, revising the targets as necessary.
- Comply with all environmental laws, regulations, and other requirements and work to prevent environmental pollution.
- Focus on the following areas regarding the environmental impact of our company’s business activities:
(1) reduce the amount of natural resources and energy consumed;
(2) improve the management of environmentally harmful substances and encourage their replacement with less hazardous versions;
(3) reduce the amount of waste produced and promote technologies for recycling products; and
(4) prevent environmental pollution and promote environmental conservation in surrounding areas.
- Ensure that all employees and others working at our company are fully aware of this environmental policy and seek the understanding and cooperation of our business partners.
We established the Yamashin Sustainable Solutions (YSS) Committee as an advisory body for the President in FY2021. The YSS Committee meets once a month to discuss company-wide initiatives relating to promotion of the SDGs and ESG. In addition, with support from the ISO Office (falling under the Quality Assurance Division and directly supervised by the President), not only our sites in Japan but also our factory in Cebu in the Philippines and our R&D facility in Suzhou, China, have secured ISO 14001:2015 certification, and are implementing environmental measures. YAMASHIN-FILTER is a manufacturing firm that uses large amounts of energy when manufacturing products, so the YSS Committee and ISO Office work together as needed to promote measures to reduce the burden on the environment.
It should be noted that, in FY2021, our company had no violations of environment-related laws or regulations, and was not required to pay any fines in relation to such violations.